(Lifetime) Lifetime brings viewers to the year 2025 with the premiere of the provocative new conspiracy thriller, The Lottery. The series stars Marley Shelton (Eleventh Hour), Michael Graziadei (American Horror Story), David Alpay (The Vampire Diaries), Athena Karkanis (Low Winter Sun), Yul Vazquez (Magic City), Shelley Conn (Terra Nova) and Martin Donovan (Homeland).
Set within a dystopian future driven by a global fertility crisis, The Lottery reveals a world staring down the barrel of impending extinction as women have mysteriously stopped bearing children. After years of research, Dr. Alison Lennon (Shelton) and her team remarkably fertilize 100 eggs. However, her victory is short-lived when the Director of the Department of Humanity, Darius Hayes (Donovan), takes government control of the lab and informs the President (Vazquez) of the monumental scientific breakthrough. To determine which women will carry the prized embryos to term, Chief of Staff Vanessa Keller (Karkanis) convinces the President to hold a national lottery and a battle over the control of the 100 embryos begins. Michael Graziadei stars as Kyle, a recovering alcoholic and single father of one of the last children born in the country, while David Alpay stars as James, Alison’s colleague and lab assistant. Shelley Conn portrays Gabrielle, the First Lady of the United States.
The Lottery is written by Timothy J. Sexton (Children of Men), who also serves as executive producer alongside Rick Eid (Hostages) and Dawn Olmstead (Prison Break). Danny Cannon (CSI) directed and executive produced the pilot, which is from Grady Girl Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television. Ten one-hour episodes have been ordered for this season.
Greater Good (#103)
- Airs Sunday, August 3 at 10:01PM-11:02PM (ET)
- Vanessa, Darius, and President Westwood deal with the hostage crisis. Alison and James make a strange discovery after testing Kyle that may lead to more questions than answers. The world reacts to news of the lottery as the U.S. government prepares to open the testing centers.
- Airs Sunday, August 10 at 10:01PM-11:02PM (ET)
- Vanessa has second thoughts about the lottery and consults Darius and the President about shifting the control back to the government. Darius and Vanessa discover the culprit behind the diplomat’s kidnapping and death while Alison and James quarantine Kyle as they dive further into the anomalies found in his blood
Crystal City (#105)
- Airs Sunday, August 17 at 10:01PM-11:02PM (ET)
- President Westwood and First Lady, Gabrielle, announce the two hundred lottery finalists and prepare for the opening night reception. Vanessa uncovers a startling truth connected to the kidnapping in China. Things become dangerous as Alison and James get closer to uncovering clues about the fertility crisis. Kyle and his ex-wife Tracy appear in court to fight for custody of Elvis.
Sleep Deprived (#106)
- Airs Sunday, August 24 at 10:01PM-11:02PM (ET)
- (Individual episode information is currently not available.)
The post The Lottery appeared first on TV News.