(PCM) A 38-year old young man by the name of Paul Wilson tragically passed away alone in his home after ordering food from the Indian Garden restaurant located in Easingwold, U.K.. Wilson had specifically requested that his curry dish be nut-free, as he suffered from an incredibly dangerous allergy to nuts. The restaurant ended up serving him a take-out meal that contained nut powder, which sent Wilson into anaphylactic shock which killed him that very night.
This particular incident occurred back in 2014 and the owner of the restaurant Mohammed Zaman was charged with manslaughter and just recently began serving his six year sentence behind bars. Zaman was allowed to keep his restaurant open despite the horrific incident and it is now being managed by members of his family. However, many feel that the restaurant should not be allowed to remain open and they have been facing some pretty horrible publicity ever since.
Zaman’s son Emraz, who is a legal student (go figure) has now taken it upon himself to draft an email out to all the restaurants customers offering what we assume he intended to be an apology, however it is certainly leaving a bad taste in the mouths of many. The email only apologizes once for the incident and then turns into a completely blatant advertisement for the restaurant at the end. You can read Emraz’s full email below:
“[We] sincerely apologise to all our loyal customers for the recent heavy press surrounding the Easingwold branch and the somewhat disappointing decision for our founding father Mr Zaman. Mistakes have been made and this is no excuse but now is a time to move on as Mr Zaman so wishes. We are now in the process of launching a new dessert menu and have hired an exclusive pastry chef from London to design this. Our philosophy, started by our founder, [Mohammed] Khalique Zaman, was and still is to create real quality Indian cuisine of the highest standard. With exhilarating flavours and subtle aromas…Jaipur Spice will transform your perception of Indian food…You’ll spot the difference the moment the food arrives!!”
In fact, Emraz really doesn’t apologize at all for Wilson’s death, only focusing on the bad press and the decision to lock up his father for manslaughter. Also, a little more digging reveals that Wilson was not the only person to suffer for Indian Garden’s negligence when it come to nut allergies. Just two weeks prior to Wilson’s death, a teen girl was hospitalized after her request for a nut-free meal was also ignored by the restaurant. Luckily she survived.
Definitely makes us rethink where we would be grabbing some Indian food in the U.K., how about you?
The post Man Died After Eating At A Restaurant And They Respond With A Completely Shameless Apology also appeared on PCM Lifestyle.