(PCM) It is the time of year again for hearts, flowers, chocolates and of course love. As you gear up to celebrate Valentine’s Day with that special someone in your life, you may be having some trouble trying to come up with that perfect gift to show them just how much you care.
It can also be a bit of challenge to come up with some ideas that are both totally romantic and yet budget friendly at the same time.
We have compiled a list of some of the best (and cost effective) ideas for creating an incredible Valentine’s Day for both you and your significant other.
1. Never underestimate the age old classic of dinner and a movie. There are plenty of awesome date night films currently playing in the theaters this Valentine’s Day season. Out top two recommendations would be either “Labor Day” or “HER”.
2. Skip going out completely and make your partner a home-cooked version of their favorite meal. Follow it up with a couple of good DVD’s, snuggle time on the couch, and of course a homemade dessert. Think chocolate covered strawberries or Valentine’s Day themed cupcakes.
3. Create a custom-themed gift basket filled with essentials that you know your partner will definitely use. If you know enough about their likes and dislikes you can create a basket that is both practical and romantic at the same time. Be sure to include sometime memorable, perhaps a trinket from your first date or notes about when you realized the two of you had fallen in love.
4. Create a fun scavenger hunt. Hide small love notes hidden around the house that leads to your present. You can also pair this up with a trail of rose petals leading your partner to an evening of romance as well.
5. Gather together some of your favorite digital photos of your and your partner. Upload those photos to an online album, add some music that is significant to your relationship and then add the video to your partners phone, tablet, or computer for an incredibly touching reminder of the love you share for one another.
6. Send a Love Poem/Quote: Valentine’s Day poems and quotes can be used to charm that special one. Users can express unsaid feelings to that someone special through poems and quotes.
7. Give each other the day or night off. Each one of you can plan a day where the other partner in the relationship will take care of the children, household chores, cook dinner, etc.
8. Create a new memory. Go to a place that the two have your have always wanted to visit or do something fun such as attend a karaoke night, take a cooking class or enter a dancing contest. You will be amazed a how much fun the two of you will have together, even if you end up making fools of yourselves.
9. Create an indoor picnic complete with a picnic tablecloth, paper goods. Share finger foods and favorite treats along with a glass of wine. Spice up “dessert.” Enjoy your picnic on the living room floor or in bed. Play card games, board games, or make up your own.
10. Give each other long-lingering back rubs or head-to-toe body massages. Invest in
luxurious lotion or oils.
11. What did you do on your very first date? Repeat it.
12. Time. Sometimes in the day to day hustle of our busy lives we can forget how important that just spending time with our significant other can be. At times the best gift can be just enjoying each others company.
13. If you don’t have a special sweetheart, focus on bringing a smile or laughter to everyone you come in contact with on Valentine’s Day.
14. Create an at-home spa day for your mate. Deliver the gift in a basket filled with inexpensive candles, bubble bath, rose petals, facial mask and scrub. Then give your mate time to enjoy it. When he/she is done, heat up towels in the dryer for drying off.
15.Grab some plain white colored coffee mugs and decorate with a sharpie with message of love and affection.
The post The Ultimate Valentine’s Day Gift Guide…Without Breaking The Bank also appeared on PCM Lifestyle.