Rock fans flooded into Camden, N.J., on Saturday for the third annual Rock Allegiance Festival, this year held for the first time at BB&T Pavilion and Wiggins Waterfront Park rather then it’s original location of PPL Park in Chester, PA. The one day rock music festival had some rather unfortunate changes to the lineup last minute, including Marilyn Manson not be able to perform due to his recent on-stage injury on the second date of his recent tour, and New Years Day being added to the lineup to keep the number of bands the same. These changes however did not stop loyal rock music fans from having a blast in Camden, N.J. at Northeast’s biggest rock music experience. Rock Allegiance conquers the Northeast always with a great lineup of music, an incredible variety of Gourmet ‘Man Food’, and some vendors as well as some great designs in the merchandise stands which could be seen on many of fans in attendance from this year and prior years festival. The festival included 18 band performances, at the 11-hour long festival in New Jersey which allowed many of the smaller bands to showcase why they were chosen to be on the bill and even outshine some of the headlining acts.
Several highlights from the festival includes:
- Steel Panther‘s raunchy, seductive, rockin’ performance on the main stage immediately after newcomers Radkey.
- New Year’s Day‘s head-banging set opening up the second to main stage.
- Ded‘s blistering high energy performance on the third stage with the largest crowd of the day.
- In This Moment‘s flawless theatrical performance with breath-taking vocals from front woman Maria Brink.
- Michigan rockers Greta Van Fleet‘s exceptional vocals, and energy driven performance.
- August Burns Red‘s hometown performance
- Beartooth‘s aggressive set, filled with energy, crowd surfers, and fans screaming the words back to Caleb Shomo as he outperformed some of the headline acts over on the main stage.
- Starset‘s powerfully fierce set with a unique look wearing custom costumes to fit their bands branding.
- Halestorm‘s extraordinary performance even after front woman LZZY HALE was suffering with Strep throat the evening prior to this performance, Halestorm sounding better than they ever have and Hale powering through her illness and not allowing it to even show during their performance although she may have been in throat pain.
- Attention grasping, entertaining, interactive set from Five Finger Death Punch with Ivan Moody back on vocals, as the last time 5FDP was in Philadelphia, they had All That Remains frontman Phil Labonte on vocals filling in while Moody took a break.
- Mastodon telling fans that Marilyn Manson “stole our light guy“
- When Maria Brink of In This Moment joined Five Finger Death Punch on stage to perform “The Bleeding“
- Visually mind-blowing performance from Rob Zombie with exceptional visuals on stage, on his risers, and even John-5’s illuminating guitar.
The post Rock Allegiance 2017: Rob Zombie Stuns Visually, Five Finger Death Punch Returns with Ivan Moody, Halestorm Conquers, and Beartooth’s Aggressive set appeared first on Music Mayhem Magazine.