Warner Brothers Home Entertainment have finally announced a street date and details for the upcoming 4K Blu-Ray release of The LEGO Movie 2 : The Second Part. While the sequel to the 2014 film was a moderate success in theaters, it also wasn’t as satisfying as it’s predecessor. Although it’s a pretty good movie in it’s own right, it simply couldn’t match the surprising brilliance of The LEGO Movie. Now, WB is setting their sights on the film’s home video release to reach a wider audience with a release that is sure to impress. Below, you can find the release details for The LEGO Movie 2.
The LEGO Movie 2 4K Blu-Ray Release Date & Details
First off, The LEGO Movie 2 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and DVD will hit store shelves on May 7, 2019, while the film will be available on digital starting April 16th, 2019. Here’s the full list of supplemental material that are slated to appear, along with the film’s technical specifications below:
The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc of “The LEGO® Movie 2: The Second Part” will feature a Dolby Atmos® soundtrack remixed specifically for the home theater environment to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead. To experience Dolby Atmos at home, a Dolby Atmos enabled AV receiver and additional speakers are required, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar. Dolby Atmos soundtracks are also fully backward compatible with traditional audio configurations and legacy home entertainment equipment.
“The LEGO® Movie 2: The Second Part” will also be available on Movies Anywhere. Using the free Movies Anywhere app and website, consumers can access all their eligible movies by connecting their Movies Anywhere account with their participating digital retailer accounts.
- Everything is Awesome Sing-along – Sing-along, trivia, games and more!
- Commentary – Fun behind the scenes commentary by filmmakers
- They Come in Pieces: Assembling The LEGO Movie 2 – Featurette highlighting A-list voice talent including Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett and Tiffany Haddish
- Emmet’s Holiday Party: A LEGO Movie Short – Holiday themed animated short
- LEGO Sets in Action – Animations of the LEGO product tied to The LEGO Movie 2
- LEGO Designers – LEGO toy designers highlight key play sets in TLM2 product line
- Outtakes & Deleted Scenes – Never before seen scenes
- Super Cool Music Video – Music video by Beck featuring Robyn and The Lonely Island
- Promotion Spots – Fun custom spots featured during the theatrical campaign
As you can tell, this release from WB Home Entertainment is looking to please with some nice special features, as well as a commentary form the filmmakers. While the latter is sure to be informative, this release looks to be shaping up nicely for when it hits store shelves on May 7th. In case you somehow missed The LEGO Movie 2 in theaters, we’ve attached the film’s final trailer, along with the 4K blu-ray cover art below.