Avengers: Endgame hasn’t even left theaters yet, but Disney has announced that it arrives on Blu-ray in August. As perhaps one of the most anticipated movies of the decade, Avengers: Endgame was destined to become a cultural phenomenon. It opened to much fanfare around the world, with a record domestic opening weekend of $357 million. While the film has a current worldwide gross of $2.751 Billion, it’s still short of Avatar‘s all-time record of 2.788 Billion. To get the film over that hump, it’s getting a re-release this upcoming weekend. Now, however, the home video details of Avengers: Endgame have been revealed, along with a physical release that arrives in August.
Avengers: Endgame Blu-Ray Trailer Release Date & Details
Avengers: Endgame is set to land on 4K Blu-ray on August 13, 2019. Meanwhile, the film will see a digital release on July 30th. This makes for an uncharacteristically short window from release to home video, just over five months. Below, you can find a list of the special features, along with a new spoiler-filled trailer celebrating the upcoming Blu-Ray release.
- Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance– Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Remembering Stan Lee– Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr.– Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America– Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes– Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame– See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU– MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor– His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes– “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel– Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro– Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
Overall, the supplemental material looks to be some of the most in-depth of recent Marvel releases. Unfortunately, there’s no feature-length making-of documentary. But the listed featurettes and audio commentary, however, will hopefully make up for the lack of a documentary. Either way, the home video release of Avengers: Endgame is shaping up to be one of the highlight Blu-ray releases this year.
The post Avengers: Endgame Arrives On Blu-Ray In August, New Trailer Revealed appeared first on Age of The Nerd.